Financial scams targeting Indians

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,221
This is a long video. But it is eye opening. I have came across scams which I didn't even knew existed.

The police have registered a complaint and a total of ₹12.60 lakh in the bank accounts of the suspects and their associates have been frozen. Police officials aware of the matter said that nearly 72% of the cheated amount has been put on hold.

A 48-year-old coaching class owner in Thane district was duped of more than ₹1.88 crore in a share trading scam that started with the membership of a WhatsApp group, police said on Wednesday.

A 58-year-old officer with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has become the latest victim of a courier scam and lost her savings total worth ₹24.5 lakh to a conman who extorted money posing as police officer from Mumbai.

There has been a rise in incidents where elderly, high-income individuals, and women are being targeted by scamsters over phone claiming to be representatives of courier companies. City Police Commissioner urges the public to exercise caution when communicating with people over phone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock